This is where you can find all documents to download
6f FAQs: Use of private cars « Frequently Asked Questions « Downloads
|Version||Updated February 17th 2012|
|Date posted||April 4, 2011|
|Categories||Frequently Asked Questions|
Where transporting young people in private cars is considered, checks should be made to address the following:
• seeing evidence that the driver has a valid licence.
• seeing evidence that there is a valid insurance policy covering the intended use. This requires that the vehicle owner has “business use” cover.
• seeing evidence that the vehicle is properly maintained and has an MOT.
• ensuring that there is explicit parental consent to transport young people in this way.
• ensuring that drivers properly understand their duty of care in this situation.