|Version||25 april 2012|
|Date added||August 1, 2013|
|Tags||Outdoor Education Adviser|
4.5c Transport in private cars
Transporting young people in private cars requires careful consideration. Where this occurs, there should be recorded procedures.
As a minimum, recorded procedures must address the following:
• Seeking evidence that the vehicle is roadworthy. e.g. MOT certificate where relevant.
• Seeking evidence that the driver holds an appropriate and valid licence.
• Seeking evidence that there is a valid insurance policy covering the intended use. This requires that employees have “business use” cover.
• Ensuring that there is explicit parental consent to transport pupils in private cars and by specified persons.
• Ensuring that drivers properly understand their duty of care in this situation.
Browse National Guidance Documents
Documents & outline material that sets the remit and width of National Guidance.View Documents
Key documents that provide evidence for Schools and Children’s Services on the outcomes that well-organised Outdoor Learning, Offsite Visits and LOtC can achieve.View Documents
Guidance that will allow Employers to establish appropriate systems for managing outdoor learning, off-site visits and learning outside the classroom.View Documents
Assist employers in establishing systems for managing & delivering outdoor learning, off-site visits and LOtC.View Documents
This folder contains documents that assist staff in planning activity with young people.View Documents
Frequently Asked Questions, where questions direct you to the appropriate guidance and advice.View Documents
Guidance and Advice for specific activities or venues.View Documents
Plan and deliver effective outdoor learning, off-site visits and learning outside the classroom.View Documents
Browse all guidance documentsAll Documents