|Version||updated february 17th 2012|
|Date added||August 1, 2013|
|Category||Frequently Asked Questions|
6f FAQs: Use of private cars
Where transporting young people in private cars is considered, checks should be made to address the following:
• seeing evidence that the driver has a valid licence.
• seeing evidence that there is a valid insurance policy covering the intended use. This requires that the vehicle owner has “business use” cover.
• seeing evidence that the vehicle is properly maintained and has an MOT.
• ensuring that there is explicit parental consent to transport young people in this way.
• ensuring that drivers properly understand their duty of care in this situation.
Browse National Guidance Documents
Documents & outline material that sets the remit and width of National Guidance.View Documents
Key documents that provide evidence for Schools and Children’s Services on the outcomes that well-organised Outdoor Learning, Offsite Visits and LOtC can achieve.View Documents
Guidance that will allow Employers to establish appropriate systems for managing outdoor learning, off-site visits and learning outside the classroom.View Documents
Assist employers in establishing systems for managing & delivering outdoor learning, off-site visits and LOtC.View Documents
This folder contains documents that assist staff in planning activity with young people.View Documents
Frequently Asked Questions, where questions direct you to the appropriate guidance and advice.View Documents
Guidance and Advice for specific activities or venues.View Documents
Plan and deliver effective outdoor learning, off-site visits and learning outside the classroom.View Documents
Browse all guidance documentsAll Documents