Transport in Minibuses

Did you know that if you drive abroad, your vehicle must now have a UK identifier?

If your number plate has any of the following:

  • a GB identifier with the Union flag
  • a Euro symbol
  • a national flag of England, Scotland or Wales
  • numbers and letters only – no flag or identifier

you must display a UK sticker clearly on the rear of the vehicle.  If you are driving in Spain, Cyprus or Malta, you must display a UK sticker no matter what is on your number plate. If you have a GB sticker, you must cover or remove it before driving outside the UK.

We have amended OEAP National Guidance document 4.5b Transport in Minibuses accordingly.

You can download the document here.

Good practice Transport