The professional association for outdoor education advisers and educational visits advisers working with establishments based in Wales.
OEAP Cymru exists to ensure the effective leadership and management of high quality outdoor learning, offsite visits and adventurous activities, for the benefit of the children and young people in Wales.
Our members are professional and knowledgeable experts who promote best practice by providing guidance, support and training to schools and other establishments.
OEAP recommends employing or engaging an OEAP Adviser who can provide high quality advice and training. They have extensive, detailed and appropriate knowledge and experience of all relevant types of establishment and the range of outdoor learning, offsite visits and adventurous activities that are provided to young people.
Every school/establishment in Wales will have a comprehensive programme of high quality outdoor learning, offsite visits and adventurous activities for all of its young people.
Inspirational outdoor learning
for all children and young people
OEAP Cymru Goals
OEAP Cymru members offer training in a number of areas related to outdoor learning and offsite visits.
Our goal is to ensure:
- Every school/establishment in Wales will have access to advice and guidance from an OEAP Adviser.
- Every school/establishment in Wales will have an Educational Visit Coordinator (EVC) and Visit Leaders trained by an OEAP Adviser.
- Every employer of school/establishment staff in Wales will have adopted OEAP National Guidance within its policies for outdoor learning, offsite visits and adventurous activities.
- Local Authorities in Wales by working closely with Welsh Government and relevant National Groups, for example, Association of Directors of Education in Wales (ADEW), Wales Council for Outdoor Learning and Association of Heads of Outdoor Education Centres (AHOEC), etc.
- Ensure that LAs that we represent fulfil their statutory responsibilities in relation to outdoor learning, offsite visits and adventoruos activities
- Offer practical help, advice and support to staff taking children and young people off site, from visits in the local area to residential, expeditions and overseas visits
- Provide training to – Educational Visit Coordinators, Visit Leaders, Senior Leadership Teams and those delivering outdoor learning and offsite visits
- Disseminate National Good Practice
- Support and promote Outdoor Learning within Schools/Establishments.
Y llwybr -Providing a clear path into outdoor learning
Y llwybr has been designed both for those schools/establishments who are starting the outdoor learning journey and for those further on in embedding outdoor learning experiences.
- High Quality Outdoor Learning for Wales builds on the original High Quality Outdoor Learning document created by OEAP and the English Outdoor Council, setting the document in a Wales specific context; dovetailing Outdoor Learning best practice with Welsh Government legislation and the new Curriculum for Wales.