Best practice update staff / pupil ratios
Activity and Visit Leaders must ensure that young people are supervised in accordance with the principles of “Effective Supervision”.
- They must therefore take account of:
- The nature of the activity (including its duration).
- The location and environment in which the activity is to take place.
- The age and gender (including developmental age) of the young people to be supervised.
- The ability of the young people (including their behavioural, medical, emotional and educational needs).
- Staff competence.
National Guidance document reference: 4.3b